Recommended CSP Courses
Applicants who have been out of school for awhile, or who do not have a background in the liberal arts, are encouraged to take a few Stanford Continuing Studies courses prior to applying to the Master of Liberal Arts, both to reintroduce yourself to classroom discussion and to get a sense of what it’s like to take classes at night. CSP classes provide an excellent opportunity to work with instructors, who may be able to provide you with the necessary letters of recommendation to apply.
Continuing Studies classes do not transfer into the MLA Program.
We recommend the following classes, offered this spring through CSP:
- Julius Caesar, Man of Letters (CLA 58)
- China, Japan, and the Gunpowder Empires in the 18th Century (CLS 111)
- The Grimms' Fairy Tales: Words and Imagines (CLS 64)
- Northern Crimes: Scandinavian Murder Mysteries in Literature and Film (CLS 85)
- A New American President: A New American Foreign Policy (POL 184)
- Great Poems of the English Language: The Victorian Period (LIT 26)
Registration for CSP classes begins Monday, February 27, 2017.
Most classes begin the week of April 3, 2017.
Stanford Continuing Studies courses are open to anyone with a high school diploma.
For more information, visit continuingstudies.stanford.edu.