We invite our alumni to continue to be a part of the MLA community.
Our 320+ graduates are a vital part of the Stanford MLA community. We invite you to get involved and stay connected to the resources, friendships, and support you enjoyed as a student, and to the privileges and benefits you’re entitled to as alumni:
- access to Green Library, Stanford Auxiliary Library, and paging from the Art Library stacks for seven days within each twelve-month period. View library details
- an open invitation to submit your work to the Tangents and Confluence journals, and to represent the MLA program at local and national conferences
- the ability to take current MLA courses for a reduced fee (no final paper required!)
- opportunities to travel with Stanford faculty and your MLA friends on trips exclusive to the MLA community.
- eligibility to join the Stanford Alumni Association, which offers valuable programs and special benefits for members, including access to the Arrillaga Alumni Center, a 10% discount at the Bookstore, and an additional seven days access to the libraries
- staying connected to the University by attending Stanford events
Support the MLA Program
"I loved the MLA program when I was in it, and it is still as valuable to me today as it was 15 years ago when I graduated. I even took an MLA class as recently as last year. To say that Stanford changed my life may be cliché, but it's true. Stay involved and engaged."
—David Soward, MLA graduate
Stay in Touch
Student and Alumni Directory
Keep in touch with your classmates with the Student and Alumni Directory. The directory is password protected. For password details please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information Update
Need to change your contact information? Update the MLA office with your new address, phone, or email
Share Your News
Do you have an update for your friends in the MLA community? We will post news items—a new job, a new baby, awards, publications, etc. in our quarterly Alumni newsletter.
Take an MLA Seminar
Take an MLA seminar! We look forward to being able to offer these opportunities again soon.
Join Stanford Faculty and members of the MLA community for unforgettable travel experiences.
Annual Stanford Author Event
The MLA community is invited to attend an evening lecture with a Stanford faculty member, highlighting their recently published book. The 2019 event featured Professor Rob Reich and his book Just Giving: Why Philanthropy is Failing Democracy and How It Can Do Better.