MLA courses include topics on the environment, anthropology, and political science.
2016-2017 Academic Year
- $9,465 for the year, which covers MLA classes taken Autumn through Summer quarters
- Tuition is paid in three equal installments in October, January, and April
- Stanford tuition for a full time graduate student is $47,331 for 2016-2017; MLA students pay 1/5th of the full time graduate rate for that year, each year they are in the program.
Sample Tuition Projection
|Year in the Program||4 Years||5 Years|
|Estimated Total Tuition*||$39,896||$50,756|
*The estimated tuition is based on full time graduate tuition increasing 3.5% annually; this is intended to give a general estimate, it is not a guarantee of future tuition rates. It is an estimate of tuition only and does not include costs for additional fees or class materials.
- Document Fee: $200. A one-time fee paid fall quarter of the student’s incoming year. Stanford charges this to all incoming students. It covers the cost of enrollment and degree certification, diplomas, and official transcripts and their production.
- ASSU Fees: between $28-$31 per quarter, Fall, Winter, Spring. The Associated Students of Stanford University (ASSU) fees are established by student vote in Spring Quarter. Fees directly fund activities of student organizations.
- 20% discount for all current and retired K-12 educators
- Stanford employees eligible for the Staff Tuition Reimbursement Program (STRP) are entitled to receive up to $5,250 per year toward their tuition. Stanford employees not eligible for STRP may be qualified for the Staff Tuition Assistance program (STAP).&nb